The Founder’s Reserve is our tribute to the founder of The Glenlivet, George Smith, the man who created the single malt that started it all. True to the greatly imitated Glenlivet house style, the Founder’s Reserve is an incredibly smooth and fruity single malt.
Colour: Pale gold
Nose: Delicate aromas of citrus fruit, notably sweet orange.
Palate: Sweet, fruit notes of zesty oranges and pears, with a hint of candy, toffee apples. Well-balanced and exceptionally smooth.
Finish: Long, creamy and smooth.
Classic Serve: The Last King
• 50ml The Glenlivet Founder's Reserve
• 25ml spice-roasted pineapple syrup*
• 20ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to serve :
- Shake all ingredients with cubed ice, and strain over hand-cracked ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a wedge of fresh pineapple.
* SPICE-ROASTED PINEAPPLE SYRUP
Take five cardamom pods, a single star anise, two husks of mace / ¼ of grated nutmeg, a small pinch of cumin, 2 cloves and 3 quills of cinnamon and crush in a pestle and mortar.
Mix the finely ground spices with 200g of brown sugar and sprinkle onto thick slices of pineapple that have been skinned. Place the pineapples in an oven at 120°C for fifteen minutes to gently roast.
Place the roasted pineapple, 200ml of pineapple juice and 200 ml of caster sugar in a blender. Straining the syrup to remove any pineapple.